UNIROCKETEERS ARE TEAMING UP ONCE AGAIN WITH PSYONIX AND EFUSE FOR THE RETURN OF EUROPE’S BIGGEST UNIVERSITY ESPORTS COMPETITION.
The UniRocketeers Circuit 2022-23 will feature a series of Rocket League events taking place throughout the Winter and Spring semesters. Hundreds of universities from all over Europe will be able to compete in a tournament eco-system containing more than 25,000€ of prizing.
The UniRocketeers Circuit will welcome players of all skill levels – with teams playing in mass-participation National Leagues to earn qualification for exclusive European events. The six most successful teams from the UniRocketeers Circuit will get the chance to represent their university on the global stage at Psyonix’s CRL World Championship in Summer 2023!
You can watch the UniRocketeers Circuit on the UniRocketeers Twitch channel where CRL item drops will be enabled. UniRocketeers will broadcast the EU Last Chance Qualifier for the CRL World Championship on the Official Rocket League Twitch channel!
To participate you must be a full-time student at an eligible institution. A full breakdown of the rules and tournament structure can be found here.
To look for teammates and find out more information about the tournament, make sure to join the UniRocketeers Discord.
Registration is already open for UniRocketeers Winter 2022-23 and the Winter National Leagues, so don’t leave it too long to find a team and sign up!
The UniRocketeers Circuit will offer students a clear path of progression, from the National level through the European level all the way to the CRL World Championship.
The core of the UniRocketeers Circuit will be the National Leagues, run by our partner organisations across Europe. Last year, 542 teams from 289 universities competed across all of our member countries.
For the Winter Season, we have partnered with 6 different organisations to run National Leagues. We have also created the UR Wildcard League, so that universities outside of those countries still have a way to compete.
Teams will need to play in these competitions to be able to qualify for UniRocketeers’ European events.
- Belgium – Belgian Student League
- Germany – Uniliga Germany
- Ireland – Nativz Collegiate
- Netherlands – Dutch Student League
- Nordics – Uniliga Nordics
- United Kingdom – National Student Esports
- Rest of Europe* – UR Wildcard League
*Universities from Russia are not permitted to compete in this year’s UniRocketeers Circuit.
We are looking to partner with more organisations to increase the number of National Leagues available in the Spring Season.
UniRocketeers will run full-scale European Championships in both the Winter and Spring semesters. In April 2023, we will also run the EU Last Chance Qualifier for the CRL World Championship.
UniRocketeers Winter (“UR Winter”)
- 16 Teams.
- All 16 Teams will qualify through Open Qualifiers. Teams can only enter these Open Qualifiers if they are signed up for the Winter Season of their National League.
- 5,000€ Prize Pool.
UniRocketeers Spring (“UR Spring”)
- 40 Teams.
- The Top 8 Teams from UR Winter will receive invites to UR Spring.
- The Top Teams from the Winter Seasons of every National League will receive invites to UR Spring .
- A further 16 Teams will qualify through Open Qualifiers.
- 10,200€ Prize Pool.
UniRocketeers Last Chance Qualifier (“UR LCQ”)
- Up to 64 Teams.
- All Teams who competed in UR Spring but were unsuccessful in qualifying for the CRL World Championship will receive invites to the UR LCQ.
- Additional Teams will receive invites through the Spring Season of their National League.
Further information on the formats of these events can be found in the UniRocketeers Circuit 2022-23 Ruleset.
CRL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Europe will once again be sending 6 teams to compete at Psyonix’s CRL World Championship in Summer 2023. The invite structure is as follows:
- UR Winter – Winning Team receives a CRL World Championship Invite
- UR Spring – Top 3 Teams receive CRL World Championship Invites*
- UR LCQ – Top 2 Teams receive CRL World Championship Invites
*If the Winner of UR Winter finishes in the Top 3 of UR Spring, then the 4th placed team will also qualify for the CRL World Championship.
- Open Qualifier #1 – 6th November
- Open Qualifier #2 – 10th November
- Open Qualifier #3 – 17th November
- Open Qualifier #4 – 20th November
- Swiss Bracket – 26th-27th November
- Playoffs – 3rd-4th December
- Open Qualifier #1 – 29th January
- Open Qualifier #2 – 2nd February
- Open Qualifier #3 – 9th February
- Open Qualifier #4 – 12th February
- Group Stage – 22nd February – 9th March
- Playoffs – 15th March – 13th April
- LCQ Bracket – 15th-23rd April